Three men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a craggy river canyon in the sage country of Idaho. Metrosexuals they are not. While each is fleeing a profound sorrow, the men talk little about their problems, communicating instead about power drills and dry-wall screws, bantering over lime Kool-Aid, whiskey, and steaks, only gradually and very cautiously becoming friends. Ron Carlson’s beautifully crafted and emotionally wrenching novel about nonverbal but deep-feeling males in flyover country is more refreshing than an ice-cold Coors. A
Five SkiesThree men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a...Five SkiesFictionThree men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a...2007-05-18Viking
Genre: Fiction; Publisher: Viking
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Sherlock co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay!
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Clare & Don and More!