Three men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a craggy river canyon in the sage country of Idaho. Metrosexuals they are not. While each is fleeing a profound sorrow, the men talk little about their problems, communicating instead about power drills and dry-wall screws, bantering over lime Kool-Aid, whiskey, and steaks, only gradually and very cautiously becoming friends. Ron Carlson’s beautifully crafted and emotionally wrenching novel about nonverbal but deep-feeling males in flyover country is more refreshing than an ice-cold Coors. A
Five SkiesThree men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a...Five SkiesFictionThree men, strangers to one another, take on an ambitious construction project in Five Skies, building a stunt motorcycle ramp across a...2007-05-18Viking
Genre: Fiction; Publisher: Viking
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!