For all the tacky headlines the duo made during their 14-year marriage (notably, their TMI reality show), we expected this divorce to go out with a bang. Instead, the proceedings on April 24 unfolded quietly when an Orange, Calif., judge finalized the split. Houston, 43, was granted sole custody of their 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina. End of story? Nope. In a newly uncovered suit filed by Brown, 38, on April 26, the singer says that he is ”essentially homeless” and wants shared custody, insisting it’s his prerogative to have both child and spousal support. (A June 29 court date has been set; Houston’s lawyer did not return calls.)
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'