For all the tacky headlines the duo made during their 14-year marriage (notably, their TMI reality show), we expected this divorce to go out with a bang. Instead, the proceedings on April 24 unfolded quietly when an Orange, Calif., judge finalized the split. Houston, 43, was granted sole custody of their 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina. End of story? Nope. In a newly uncovered suit filed by Brown, 38, on April 26, the singer says that he is ”essentially homeless” and wants shared custody, insisting it’s his prerogative to have both child and spousal support. (A June 29 court date has been set; Houston’s lawyer did not return calls.)
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' get 'Hooked on a Feeling' in new promo
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln on an 'astonishing' season 6
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!