For all the tacky headlines the duo made during their 14-year marriage (notably, their TMI reality show), we expected this divorce to go out with a bang. Instead, the proceedings on April 24 unfolded quietly when an Orange, Calif., judge finalized the split. Houston, 43, was granted sole custody of their 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina. End of story? Nope. In a newly uncovered suit filed by Brown, 38, on April 26, the singer says that he is ”essentially homeless” and wants shared custody, insisting it’s his prerogative to have both child and spousal support. (A June 29 court date has been set; Houston’s lawyer did not return calls.)
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!