For all the tacky headlines the duo made during their 14-year marriage (notably, their TMI reality show), we expected this divorce to go out with a bang. Instead, the proceedings on April 24 unfolded quietly when an Orange, Calif., judge finalized the split. Houston, 43, was granted sole custody of their 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina. End of story? Nope. In a newly uncovered suit filed by Brown, 38, on April 26, the singer says that he is ”essentially homeless” and wants shared custody, insisting it’s his prerogative to have both child and spousal support. (A June 29 court date has been set; Houston’s lawyer did not return calls.)
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!