For all the tacky headlines the duo made during their 14-year marriage (notably, their TMI reality show), we expected this divorce to go out with a bang. Instead, the proceedings on April 24 unfolded quietly when an Orange, Calif., judge finalized the split. Houston, 43, was granted sole custody of their 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina. End of story? Nope. In a newly uncovered suit filed by Brown, 38, on April 26, the singer says that he is ”essentially homeless” and wants shared custody, insisting it’s his prerogative to have both child and spousal support. (A June 29 court date has been set; Houston’s lawyer did not return calls.)
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade