The last entry in Michael Connelly’s unstoppable Harry Bosch series, 2006’s Echo Park, was perfectly okay. When you’re a trusted brand name and your hero is a straightforward, jazz-loving tough, that can too easily be enough. What a treat, then, to open The Overlook, Bosch’s 13th installment, which was serialized in The New York Times Magazine, and smell fresh blood. Bosch is hunting not just a murderer but also some missing radioactive substances that could paralyze his beloved L.A. Admittedly, it’s an easy, early guess as to who the bad guy is, but Bosch gets into some amusingly tense tussles with the feds as his case climbs up the ranks of national importance. B+
The Overlook The last entry in Michael Connelly's unstoppable Harry Bosch series, 2006's Echo Park, was perfectly okay. When you're a trusted brand name...The OverlookMystery and Thriller, FictionMichael Connelly The last entry in Michael Connelly's unstoppable Harry Bosch series, 2006's Echo Park, was perfectly okay. When you're a trusted brand name...2007-05-18Little Brown & Company
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Michael Connelly; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!