Sidney Lumet’s film about Robert Leuci — a real-life narcotics detective caught in a web of intra-force betrayal — dispenses with backstories, motivations, and real names. What remains is nearly three hours of disorientation and paranoia, accented by Method-y monologue outbursts that quickly disappear into a vacuum of overwhelming loneliness. Despite more than 100 speaking parts, Treat Williams’ Leuci seems to float through Prince of the City in solitude. EXTRAS In a stellar making-of, Lumet discusses the movie’s complex visual strategies. B+
Prince of the City Sidney Lumet's film about Robert Leuci — a real-life narcotics detective caught in a web of intra-force betrayal — dispenses with...Prince of the CityDramaJay Presson AllenPT167MR Sidney Lumet's film about Robert Leuci — a real-life narcotics detective caught in a web of intra-force betrayal — dispenses with...2007-05-18Orion Pictures, Warner Bros.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Treat Williams; Director: Sidney Lumet; Author: Jay Presson Allen; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 167; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Orion Pictures, Warner Bros.
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!