Following his turn as a mustached hitman in The Matador, Pierce Brosnan again experiments with genre and facial hair as a hirsute fugitive in this Western chase, which finds a vengeful Liam Neeson tracking the onetime James Bond from snowy mountain to sun-blasted desert. But with Seraphim Falls collapsing into pretentious phantasmagoria, the result is a better ad for the beautiful New Mexico locales than the unsure plotting skills of co-writer/director David Von Ancken. EXTRAS An unremarkable commentary from Von Ancken and Brosnan. B-
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson, Angie Harmon; Director: David Von Ancken; Author: Abby Everett Jaques, David Von Ancken; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!