Following his turn as a mustached hitman in The Matador, Pierce Brosnan again experiments with genre and facial hair as a hirsute fugitive in this Western chase, which finds a vengeful Liam Neeson tracking the onetime James Bond from snowy mountain to sun-blasted desert. But with Seraphim Falls collapsing into pretentious phantasmagoria, the result is a better ad for the beautiful New Mexico locales than the unsure plotting skills of co-writer/director David Von Ancken. EXTRAS An unremarkable commentary from Von Ancken and Brosnan. B-
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure; Starring: Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson, Angie Harmon; Director: David Von Ancken; Author: Abby Everett Jaques, David Von Ancken; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted May 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt