”Presented” by Martin Scorsese, the Italian immigration drama Golden Door is a sluggish procedural on what it was like to make the journey to Ellis Island back in the day. As a Sicilian widower (Vincenzo Amato) leads his mother and two sons overseas, we don’t see that much that Chaplin didn’t cover when he made The Immigrant in 1917. Despite a few welcome bits of whimsy, and the lovely presence of The Science of Sleep’s Charlotte Gainsbourg as a sad-faced Englishwoman on the boat, Door feels as long as a transatlantic voyage. C
Genre: Drama; Starring: Vincenzo Amato, Charlotte Gainsbourg; Director: Emanuele Crialese; Author: Emanuele Crialese; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Miramax
Posted May 23 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!