”Presented” by Martin Scorsese, the Italian immigration drama Golden Door is a sluggish procedural on what it was like to make the journey to Ellis Island back in the day. As a Sicilian widower (Vincenzo Amato) leads his mother and two sons overseas, we don’t see that much that Chaplin didn’t cover when he made The Immigrant in 1917. Despite a few welcome bits of whimsy, and the lovely presence of The Science of Sleep’s Charlotte Gainsbourg as a sad-faced Englishwoman on the boat, Door feels as long as a transatlantic voyage. C
Golden Door''Presented'' by Martin Scorsese, the Italian immigration drama Golden Door is a sluggish procedural on what it was like to make the...Golden DoorDramaEmanuele CrialesePT118MPG-13''Presented'' by Martin Scorsese, the Italian immigration drama Golden Door is a sluggish procedural on what it was like to make the...2007-05-23Miramax
Genre: Drama; Starring: Vincenzo Amato, Charlotte Gainsbourg; Director: Emanuele Crialese; Author: Emanuele Crialese; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!