My first voice-over audition in New York was for a medical public-service announcement. I said what the card said: ”Blah blah blah…” and then the word ambulance came, and the guy said, ”Cut! Please do that again.” And I said, ”OK, something, something…am-ba-lance.” And he said, ”Cut! What are you saying?” I’m from Houston; I didn’t know what he was talking about. It came up again this season in [Grey’s Anatomy’s] ferry-boat-crash episode; I had to say the word three times. I had to learn how to say ”am-bu-lance.” Now I have it! But of course, I didn’t get that job.
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he's surprised didn't get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!