My first voice-over audition in New York was for a medical public-service announcement. I said what the card said: ”Blah blah blah…” and then the word ambulance came, and the guy said, ”Cut! Please do that again.” And I said, ”OK, something, something…am-ba-lance.” And he said, ”Cut! What are you saying?” I’m from Houston; I didn’t know what he was talking about. It came up again this season in [Grey’s Anatomy’s] ferry-boat-crash episode; I had to say the word three times. I had to learn how to say ”am-bu-lance.” Now I have it! But of course, I didn’t get that job.
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday
- Carey Mulligan praises Jennifer Lawrence’s wage gap essay
- Taylor Swift fan meets singer before losing her hearing