My first voice-over audition in New York was for a medical public-service announcement. I said what the card said: ”Blah blah blah…” and then the word ambulance came, and the guy said, ”Cut! Please do that again.” And I said, ”OK, something, something…am-ba-lance.” And he said, ”Cut! What are you saying?” I’m from Houston; I didn’t know what he was talking about. It came up again this season in [Grey’s Anatomy’s] ferry-boat-crash episode; I had to say the word three times. I had to learn how to say ”am-bu-lance.” Now I have it! But of course, I didn’t get that job.
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'
- Jean-Claude Van Damme walks out of interview over 'boring' questions
- Director Park Chan-wook returns with trailer for 'The Handmaiden'