My first voice-over audition in New York was for a medical public-service announcement. I said what the card said: ”Blah blah blah…” and then the word ambulance came, and the guy said, ”Cut! Please do that again.” And I said, ”OK, something, something…am-ba-lance.” And he said, ”Cut! What are you saying?” I’m from Houston; I didn’t know what he was talking about. It came up again this season in [Grey’s Anatomy’s] ferry-boat-crash episode; I had to say the word three times. I had to learn how to say ”am-bu-lance.” Now I have it! But of course, I didn’t get that job.
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!