My first voice-over audition in New York was for a medical public-service announcement. I said what the card said: ”Blah blah blah…” and then the word ambulance came, and the guy said, ”Cut! Please do that again.” And I said, ”OK, something, something…am-ba-lance.” And he said, ”Cut! What are you saying?” I’m from Houston; I didn’t know what he was talking about. It came up again this season in [Grey’s Anatomy’s] ferry-boat-crash episode; I had to say the word three times. I had to learn how to say ”am-bu-lance.” Now I have it! But of course, I didn’t get that job.
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- American Girl turns 30: A love letter To Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to pay tribute to Glenn Frey at Grammys
- Ryan Reynolds might have leaked the 'Deadpool' test footage
- Johnny Depp plays Donald Trump in fake movie for Funny or Die
- Katie Holmes 'is a beast' at Musical Beers with Ryan Reynolds, Jimmy Fallon
- YouTube orders original projects from Gigi Gorgeous, AwesomenessTV
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'