In Dublin, a 30ish fellow (Glen Hansard) with a worn-out guitar meets a Czech immigrant (Markéta Irglová in her early 20s. As the two start to play together, the film moves with the dartingly unresolved spirit of a French New Wave film, yet the songs take on the majesty and devotion of a musical dream.
Genre: Musical, Drama; Starring: Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova; Director: John Carney; Author: John Carney; Release Date Limited: 05/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday