In Dublin, a 30ish fellow (Glen Hansard) with a worn-out guitar meets a Czech immigrant (Markéta Irglová in her early 20s. As the two start to play together, the film moves with the dartingly unresolved spirit of a French New Wave film, yet the songs take on the majesty and devotion of a musical dream.
Genre: Musical, Drama; Starring: Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova; Director: John Carney; Author: John Carney; Release Date Limited: 05/16/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall