It’s fall, 1944. Hitler’s Third Reich is on the ropes. The desperate, amphetamine-addled Führer, hiding in his Wolf’s Lair, hatches one last Hail Mary play: Recruit a team of English-speaking Nazis to dress as American GIs, cross enemy lines, and sabotage the Allies from within. Their second objective is to assassinate Gen. Dwight Eisenhower. If The Second Objective, Mark Frost’s tick-tock thriller sounds like a treatment for a B-movie starring Tom Sizemore and The Rock, well, it reads like one too. The dialogue is cornball, like something out of a Sgt. Rock comic, and you can see the plot twists driving down Fifth Avenue. Wait for the inevitable made-for-TV movie instead. B-
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!