It’s fall, 1944. Hitler’s Third Reich is on the ropes. The desperate, amphetamine-addled Führer, hiding in his Wolf’s Lair, hatches one last Hail Mary play: Recruit a team of English-speaking Nazis to dress as American GIs, cross enemy lines, and sabotage the Allies from within. Their second objective is to assassinate Gen. Dwight Eisenhower. If The Second Objective, Mark Frost’s tick-tock thriller sounds like a treatment for a B-movie starring Tom Sizemore and The Rock, well, it reads like one too. The dialogue is cornball, like something out of a Sgt. Rock comic, and you can see the plot twists driving down Fifth Avenue. Wait for the inevitable made-for-TV movie instead. B-
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!