It’s fall, 1944. Hitler’s Third Reich is on the ropes. The desperate, amphetamine-addled Führer, hiding in his Wolf’s Lair, hatches one last Hail Mary play: Recruit a team of English-speaking Nazis to dress as American GIs, cross enemy lines, and sabotage the Allies from within. Their second objective is to assassinate Gen. Dwight Eisenhower. If The Second Objective, Mark Frost’s tick-tock thriller sounds like a treatment for a B-movie starring Tom Sizemore and The Rock, well, it reads like one too. The dialogue is cornball, like something out of a Sgt. Rock comic, and you can see the plot twists driving down Fifth Avenue. Wait for the inevitable made-for-TV movie instead. B-
Posted May 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday