It’s fall, 1944. Hitler’s Third Reich is on the ropes. The desperate, amphetamine-addled Führer, hiding in his Wolf’s Lair, hatches one last Hail Mary play: Recruit a team of English-speaking Nazis to dress as American GIs, cross enemy lines, and sabotage the Allies from within. Their second objective is to assassinate Gen. Dwight Eisenhower. If The Second Objective, Mark Frost’s tick-tock thriller sounds like a treatment for a B-movie starring Tom Sizemore and The Rock, well, it reads like one too. The dialogue is cornball, like something out of a Sgt. Rock comic, and you can see the plot twists driving down Fifth Avenue. Wait for the inevitable made-for-TV movie instead. B-
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!