In 1978, a high school girl playing competitive soccer wasn’t just novel — it was barely heard of. This amiable rouser, based on the experiences of Elisabeth Shue and her family (Shue was one of the producers), tries to convey how gutsy and role-smashing it is for Heather Graham-cute Gracie (Carly Schroeder) to cleat her way onto an all-boys soccer team. So why is Gracie as processed as an after-school special? You miss the knockabout edge of Bend It Like Beckham — though the ending, in its Pavlovian sports-flick way, pumps you up. C
Genre: Drama; Starring: Carly Schroeder, Andrew Shue, Elisabeth Shue; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Author: Karen Janszen, Lisa Marie Petersen; Release Date Wide: 06/01/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted May 30 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!