As you can imagine, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the CMT press release announcing the names of the “celebrities” participating in Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, a six-part reality show premiering August 10. Today, it came. They are: Stephen Baldwin, Vanilla Ice, Leif Garrett, Survivor’s Jonny Fairplay, former NFL star Rocket (Raghib) Ismail, Moto X rider Kenny Bartram, UFC fighter Josh Haynes, American Gladiator “Nitro” Dan Clark, and Platoon’s Francesco Quinn (son of Anthony). As I type, the contestants are in Texas, on Day 2 of their 10-day training led by Mr. Murray, bull riding’s top ambassador (and Jewel’s boyfriend). Here’s my favorite part of the release: “Those that survive will compete at a Professional Bull Riders event in Nashville where they will try to hang on for dear life in front of a stadium full of rodeo fans.” Yes, I already looked up the date of said event: It’s June 16.Is this the craziest celebreality show ever? Am I wrong to be counting the moments until I witness Stephen Baldwin’s pre-ride prayer circle? And will scenes like the one below be even funnier when they’re happening to semi-famous people?
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing