As you can imagine, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the CMT press release announcing the names of the “celebrities” participating in Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, a six-part reality show premiering August 10. Today, it came. They are: Stephen Baldwin, Vanilla Ice, Leif Garrett, Survivor’s Jonny Fairplay, former NFL star Rocket (Raghib) Ismail, Moto X rider Kenny Bartram, UFC fighter Josh Haynes, American Gladiator “Nitro” Dan Clark, and Platoon’s Francesco Quinn (son of Anthony). As I type, the contestants are in Texas, on Day 2 of their 10-day training led by Mr. Murray, bull riding’s top ambassador (and Jewel’s boyfriend). Here’s my favorite part of the release: “Those that survive will compete at a Professional Bull Riders event in Nashville where they will try to hang on for dear life in front of a stadium full of rodeo fans.” Yes, I already looked up the date of said event: It’s June 16.Is this the craziest celebreality show ever? Am I wrong to be counting the moments until I witness Stephen Baldwin’s pre-ride prayer circle? And will scenes like the one below be even funnier when they’re happening to semi-famous people?
- Watch Daft Punk's ode to Nile Rodgers from new documentary
- Jason Reitman hosting 'Mad Men' live read, finale screening
- Hear Barenaked Ladies' '90s alt-ballad 'Say What You Want'
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'