As you can imagine, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the CMT press release announcing the names of the “celebrities” participating in Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, a six-part reality show premiering August 10. Today, it came. They are: Stephen Baldwin, Vanilla Ice, Leif Garrett, Survivor’s Jonny Fairplay, former NFL star Rocket (Raghib) Ismail, Moto X rider Kenny Bartram, UFC fighter Josh Haynes, American Gladiator “Nitro” Dan Clark, and Platoon’s Francesco Quinn (son of Anthony). As I type, the contestants are in Texas, on Day 2 of their 10-day training led by Mr. Murray, bull riding’s top ambassador (and Jewel’s boyfriend). Here’s my favorite part of the release: “Those that survive will compete at a Professional Bull Riders event in Nashville where they will try to hang on for dear life in front of a stadium full of rodeo fans.” Yes, I already looked up the date of said event: It’s June 16.Is this the craziest celebreality show ever? Am I wrong to be counting the moments until I witness Stephen Baldwin’s pre-ride prayer circle? And will scenes like the one below be even funnier when they’re happening to semi-famous people?
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'
- NBC's 'The Wiz Live!' finds its Cowardly Lion
- ABC's 'Scandal' team on how they'd handle Donald Trump
- Lenny Kravitz breaks silence on #penisgate with text from Steven Tyler
- A 'Lion King' animator drew a perfect tribute to Cecil the lion
- Why the best 'Goldbergs' episode is one you'll never see