As you can imagine, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the CMT press release announcing the names of the “celebrities” participating in Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, a six-part reality show premiering August 10. Today, it came. They are: Stephen Baldwin, Vanilla Ice, Leif Garrett, Survivor’s Jonny Fairplay, former NFL star Rocket (Raghib) Ismail, Moto X rider Kenny Bartram, UFC fighter Josh Haynes, American Gladiator “Nitro” Dan Clark, and Platoon’s Francesco Quinn (son of Anthony). As I type, the contestants are in Texas, on Day 2 of their 10-day training led by Mr. Murray, bull riding’s top ambassador (and Jewel’s boyfriend). Here’s my favorite part of the release: “Those that survive will compete at a Professional Bull Riders event in Nashville where they will try to hang on for dear life in front of a stadium full of rodeo fans.” Yes, I already looked up the date of said event: It’s June 16.Is this the craziest celebreality show ever? Am I wrong to be counting the moments until I witness Stephen Baldwin’s pre-ride prayer circle? And will scenes like the one below be even funnier when they’re happening to semi-famous people?
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels