Chris Elliott turns 47 today. The comedian, who strikes us as something of an acquired taste, was a fixture on the old NBC Late Night With David Letterman set, where he played such characters as “The Regulator Guy,” “The Fugitive Guy,” “The Guy Under the Seats,” and, of course, “Marlon Brando” (first clip below). Later, he played the lead in both a Fox sitcom (Get a Life) and a movie (Cabin Boy) — the latter of which features a cameo of David Letterman “acting” (second clip below — slightly NSFW). Happy birthday, Chris!
Posted May 31 2007 — 10:00 AM EDT
- 'Jessica Jones' star David Tennant ponders superhero bathroom breaks
- 'X-Men' fans try to get into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- 'Begin Again' director John Carney criticizes Keira Knightley's acting
- Britney Spears does the dab with her sons
- Cara Delevingne goes sci-fi in new 'Valerian' set photo
- Will LGBT superheroes ever hit the big screen?
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers