If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean’s albums (”Hicktown” from his platinum debut and now ”Johnny Cash”), you’d think he had personality. Unfortunately, the personality mostly belongs to John Rich, who co-wrote both songs. Once the introductory rambunctiousness is past, there isn’t much gusto on Relentless — just indifferently interpreted B-list material from Music Row’s top tunesmiths. It does take nerve, though, to deliver a ballad with a chorus — ”Every man dies, not every man lives” — so shamelessly ripped off from Braveheart. DOWNLOAD THIS: Grown Woman
Relentless If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean's albums (''Hicktown'' from his platinum debut and now ''Johnny Cash''), you'd think he had...RelentlessCountry If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean's albums (''Hicktown'' from his platinum debut and now ''Johnny Cash''), you'd think he had...2007-06-01
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jason Aldean
Posted June 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!