If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean’s albums (”Hicktown” from his platinum debut and now ”Johnny Cash”), you’d think he had personality. Unfortunately, the personality mostly belongs to John Rich, who co-wrote both songs. Once the introductory rambunctiousness is past, there isn’t much gusto on Relentless — just indifferently interpreted B-list material from Music Row’s top tunesmiths. It does take nerve, though, to deliver a ballad with a chorus — ”Every man dies, not every man lives” — so shamelessly ripped off from Braveheart. DOWNLOAD THIS: Grown Woman
Relentless If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean's albums (''Hicktown'' from his platinum debut and now ''Johnny Cash''), you'd think he had...RelentlessCountry If you listened only to the initial hits from Aldean's albums (''Hicktown'' from his platinum debut and now ''Johnny Cash''), you'd think he had...2007-06-01
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Jason Aldean
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!