The “Spare Change Killer” leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he’s resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called to assist her dad, a former cop who investigated the original murders. But when one flirty suspect gives her the willies during an interrogation, she begins meeting him socially to confirm her suspicions that he’s their man. It’s a potentially explosive plan, but Robert B. Parker spends more time detailing the creepy charge between Sunny and her Malkovich-like mark than in building tension. As a result, Spare Change feels less like a whodunit than a methodical march toward a foregone conclusion. With naughty bits, of course.
Spare Change The "Spare Change Killer" leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he's resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called...Spare ChangeMystery and Thriller, FictionRobert B. Parker The "Spare Change Killer" leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he's resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called...2007-06-01Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Robert B. Parker; Publisher: Putnam
Posted June 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!