The “Spare Change Killer” leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he’s resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called to assist her dad, a former cop who investigated the original murders. But when one flirty suspect gives her the willies during an interrogation, she begins meeting him socially to confirm her suspicions that he’s their man. It’s a potentially explosive plan, but Robert B. Parker spends more time detailing the creepy charge between Sunny and her Malkovich-like mark than in building tension. As a result, Spare Change feels less like a whodunit than a methodical march toward a foregone conclusion. With naughty bits, of course.
Spare Change The "Spare Change Killer" leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he's resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called...Spare ChangeMystery and Thriller, FictionRobert B. Parker The "Spare Change Killer" leaves three coins by each of his victims. It seems he's resurfaced after some 20 years, and Boston PI Sunny Randall is called...2007-06-01Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Robert B. Parker; Publisher: Putnam
Posted June 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!