It would be easy to think of this novel — in which a flock of Irish sheep investigate the murder of their shepherd — as a silly attempt to inject some life into the crime genre. Despite the whimsical conceit and tone (“Sheep are not talkative folk. That’s because their mouths are often full of grass”), Leonie Swann produces a clever spin on the ol’ whodunit. She stocks Three Bags Full tale with a ewe detective named Miss Maple and a former circus denizen called Othello, each offering hay-filled interpretations of the human world (Jesus on the cross seems to be “the helpless victim of a knife-throwing act”). The result: a delightfully offbeat yarn. A-
Three Bags FullIt would be easy to think of this novel — in which a flock of Irish sheep investigate the murder of their shepherd — as a silly attempt to...Three Bags FullFiction, Mystery and ThrillerLeonie SwannIt would be easy to think of this novel — in which a flock of Irish sheep investigate the murder of their shepherd — as a silly attempt to...2007-06-01Flying Dolphin Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Leonie Swann; Publisher: Flying Dolphin Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!