Hollywood Dreams’ Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder starlet who stumbles into the lives of two producer-managers (Zack Norman and David Proval). She meets the star (Justin Kirk) they’re handling, and Jaglom springs his wicked joke: The actor is straight and pretending to be gay — his way to get ahead in the age of gossip. That’s a sharp satirical premise, but Jaglom’s scruffy style doesn’t carry it through. He puts enough toxic insincerity on screen to singe, though. B-
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Tanna Frederick, Justin Kirk, David Proval; Director: Henry Jaglom; Author: Henry Jaglom; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rainbow Releasing
Posted June 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Comedy Series?
- When are the 2017 Golden Globe nominations?
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'TVD,' 'Supernatural,' 'OUAT' and more
- 'Power Rangers' poster calls out the new megazords
- The 'Yule Log' is back on VOD to heat up the holidays
- 'Rogue One': Where to watch the world premiere live stream
- J.J. Abrams, HBO developing space exploration drama