Hollywood Dreams’ Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder starlet who stumbles into the lives of two producer-managers (Zack Norman and David Proval). She meets the star (Justin Kirk) they’re handling, and Jaglom springs his wicked joke: The actor is straight and pretending to be gay — his way to get ahead in the age of gossip. That’s a sharp satirical premise, but Jaglom’s scruffy style doesn’t carry it through. He puts enough toxic insincerity on screen to singe, though. B-
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Tanna Frederick, Justin Kirk, David Proval; Director: Henry Jaglom; Author: Henry Jaglom; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rainbow Releasing
Posted June 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'