Hollywood Dreams’ Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder starlet who stumbles into the lives of two producer-managers (Zack Norman and David Proval). She meets the star (Justin Kirk) they’re handling, and Jaglom springs his wicked joke: The actor is straight and pretending to be gay — his way to get ahead in the age of gossip. That’s a sharp satirical premise, but Jaglom’s scruffy style doesn’t carry it through. He puts enough toxic insincerity on screen to singe, though. B-
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Tanna Frederick, Justin Kirk, David Proval; Director: Henry Jaglom; Author: Henry Jaglom; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rainbow Releasing
Posted June 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...