Hollywood Dreams’ Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder starlet who stumbles into the lives of two producer-managers (Zack Norman and David Proval). She meets the star (Justin Kirk) they’re handling, and Jaglom springs his wicked joke: The actor is straight and pretending to be gay — his way to get ahead in the age of gossip. That’s a sharp satirical premise, but Jaglom’s scruffy style doesn’t carry it through. He puts enough toxic insincerity on screen to singe, though. B-
Hollywood DreamsHollywood Dreams' Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder...Hollywood DreamsDrama, ComedyHenry JaglomPT100MRHollywood Dreams' Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder...2007-06-06David ProvalRainbow Releasing
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Tanna Frederick, Justin Kirk, David Proval; Director: Henry Jaglom; Author: Henry Jaglom; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rainbow Releasing
Posted June 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy