Hollywood Dreams’ Margie (Tanna Frederick) is the ultimate Henry Jaglom basket case: a dithering, grotesquely untalented bottom-feeder starlet who stumbles into the lives of two producer-managers (Zack Norman and David Proval). She meets the star (Justin Kirk) they’re handling, and Jaglom springs his wicked joke: The actor is straight and pretending to be gay — his way to get ahead in the age of gossip. That’s a sharp satirical premise, but Jaglom’s scruffy style doesn’t carry it through. He puts enough toxic insincerity on screen to singe, though. B-
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Tanna Frederick, Justin Kirk, David Proval; Director: Henry Jaglom; Author: Henry Jaglom; Release Date Limited: 05/25/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rainbow Releasing
Posted June 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'
- Josh Gad to star in weight-loss comedy 'Heavy Duty'
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018
- Will Smith praises 'Fresh Prince' costar Janet Hubert after recent barbs