Though the Grey’s Anatomy finale left fans with lots of questions, at least one mystery appears to have been solved: T.R. Knight, a.k.a. the lovable George O’Malley, is expected to return as a series regular. Speculation has been swirling about his possible departure from Seattle Grace — not only because of what happened in the May 17 finale (George didn’t pass the intern exam!) but because of the incident earlier this season with co-star Isaiah Washington (who addressed him with a homophobic slur). According to one insider close to the negotiation, Knight has agreed to a new contract that will boost his per-episode salary to roughly $125,000 and give him a small piece of the show profits (pay hikes and profit points were also granted to many of Knight’s co-stars, including Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo, and Sandra Oh).
Posted June 7 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!