While Matthew Dear’s second album will likely wind up under the ”dance” blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more helpfully be described as spoken-word techno. The Detroit DJ and musician doesn’t so much sing as intone over percolating, minimalist electro-pop that would be equally at home shaking up subwoofers in a nightclub or coffee mugs at a downtown cybercafe. His baritone musings can be grim, but thrown up against the right, shiny rhythm — as on ”Elementary Lover” — Dear joyously defies categorization. DOWNLOAD THIS: Elementary Lover
Asa Breed While Matthew Dear's second album will likely wind up under the ''dance'' blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more...Asa BreedExperimental While Matthew Dear's second album will likely wind up under the ''dance'' blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more...2007-06-08
Genre: Experimental; Lead Performer: Matthew Dear
Posted June 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.
- Hear Adele's '25' as a four-minute mash-up because you deserve it