While Matthew Dear’s second album will likely wind up under the ”dance” blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more helpfully be described as spoken-word techno. The Detroit DJ and musician doesn’t so much sing as intone over percolating, minimalist electro-pop that would be equally at home shaking up subwoofers in a nightclub or coffee mugs at a downtown cybercafe. His baritone musings can be grim, but thrown up against the right, shiny rhythm — as on ”Elementary Lover” — Dear joyously defies categorization. DOWNLOAD THIS: Elementary Lover
Asa Breed While Matthew Dear's second album will likely wind up under the ''dance'' blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more...Asa BreedExperimental While Matthew Dear's second album will likely wind up under the ''dance'' blanket at your local record store, Asa Breed could more...2007-06-08
Genre: Experimental; Lead Performer: Matthew Dear
Posted June 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ben Affleck is a math genius with a secret in 'The Accountant' trailer
- WATCH: 'Pretty Little Liars' stars show 'Harry Potter' love
- Joe Biden loves the word 'malarkey'
- HBO renews 'Ballers' for season 3
- Serena Williams answers 73 random questions for Vogue
- Bindi Irwin praises Ariel Winter's body confidence
- Garry Marshall's 'The Flamingo Kid' is going to be a stage musical
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?