”If you want to experience some truly terrible acting on my part — basically a guide to what not to do on screen — I suggest you rush out and rent Children of the Corn V right away,” laughs Mendes of her 1998 film debut. The now-seasoned star of Hitch, Ghost Rider, and current release The Wendell Baker Story dissects the horror of learning on the job: ”The scene when I find out my boyfriend killed himself? I beg you to remember that it was my first time on camera ever, and everybody’s got to get their start somewhere.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A