”If you want to experience some truly terrible acting on my part — basically a guide to what not to do on screen — I suggest you rush out and rent Children of the Corn V right away,” laughs Mendes of her 1998 film debut. The now-seasoned star of Hitch, Ghost Rider, and current release The Wendell Baker Story dissects the horror of learning on the job: ”The scene when I find out my boyfriend killed himself? I beg you to remember that it was my first time on camera ever, and everybody’s got to get their start somewhere.”
Posted June 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee gives a thumbs-up to new Spider-Man: 'He's good to me!'
- Vince Staples is a force to be reckoned with in the rap world
- Zendaya had the best response to people who hated her hair
- 'Zoo' star Kristen Connolly talks what it's like acting opposite a moody baby lion
- Paul Rudd tests 'Ant-Man's shrinking powers against a bathtub tidal wave
- Here are the most popular passages from 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl was 'terrified' to watch Kurt Cobain documentary