Fabolous rarely ventures outside his comfort zone on his fourth LP, From Nothin’ to Somethin’. And why should he? Six years after the Brooklyn MC got his start, his rhymes flow as quickly and cleverly as ever from both of his familiar personae: the flashy Romeo (”First Time”) and the no-nonsense thug (”Joke’s on You”). All of which makes the disc’s sole surprise — ”What Should I Do,” in which Fab convincingly adopts the perspective of an uncertain soldier shipped off to Afghanistan — that much more gripping. B+ DOWNLOAD THIS: Return of the Hustle
From Nothin' to Somethin' Fabolous rarely ventures outside his comfort zone on his fourth LP, From Nothin' to Somethin'. And why should he? Six years after the...From Nothin' to Somethin'Hip-Hop/Rap Fabolous rarely ventures outside his comfort zone on his fourth LP, From Nothin' to Somethin'. And why should he? Six years after the...2007-06-08
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Fabolous
Posted June 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!