The B-52’s are shopping for a label to release their first album of new material in 15 years. “There’s more electronica on it,” singer Fred Schneider told The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s up-tempo and a bit sexed-up. It’s sexier than ever.” I’ve never owned a B-52’s record or CD, but I do have fond memories of them, thanks to my high-school friend Mark, who I’m sure still hits the dance floor anytime “Love Shack” is played (within a 5-mile radius of him). Is this a band we want to hear more from? Or has Amy Winehouse stolen some of their beehive thunder?
Posted June 8 2007 — 12:10 AM EDT
- Valerie Harper hospitalized before performance in Maine
- NBC wants Beyonce for The Wiz (but there is no deal)
- 10 retro love song suggestions from breakout blues star Anderson East
- This is what it looks like when 1,000 people cover Foo Fighters' 'Learn To Fly'
- Caption this: Your best responses to our cheeky 'Walking Dead' photo
- Kurt Russell western 'Bone Tomahawk' chosen as Fantastic Fest closing night film
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actress nominees
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!