Hey everybody, it’s time to take a trip to camp. No, not summer camp, but rather, classic camp, courtesy of CBS’ soap opera Central Park West, a Darren Star spectacular that, alas, died young and ridiculous back in June 1996. There’s so much to ooh and guffaw about in this clip: The preposterously wooden dialogue (“You know what Freud always said: ‘Hatred of women starts with the mother!’”); Ron Leibman’s forearm-sized cellphone; and of course, Raquel Welch’s insane, sing-songy line readings. Where have all the outsized primetime sudsers gone, PopWatchers?
Posted June 12 2007 — 10:00 AM EDT
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers