On a scrappy, small-town Romanian talk show, the host bumbles through 45 minutes (shot in real time) with two dubious guests: an alcoholic professor and a befuddled old crank. The topic — ”Did a revolution happen in this town?” — means: When the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu fled from power on Dec. 22, 1989, did protesters arrive in the square before 12:08 (i.e., when they might have been punished) or were they just wimpy followers? 12:08 East of Bucharest is a shrewdly built comedy, but the characters are broad-verging-on-cheap unholy hick fools. B-
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Mircea Andreescu, Teodor Corban; Director: Corneliu Porumboiu; Author: Corneliu Porumboiu; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Tartan
Posted June 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne on acting: 'I wanna f---ing Meryl Streep it'
- EW picks: What to binge-watch over Memorial Day weekend
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Watch Coldplay's hilarious 'Game of Thrones' musical
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (Spoiler) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!