On a scrappy, small-town Romanian talk show, the host bumbles through 45 minutes (shot in real time) with two dubious guests: an alcoholic professor and a befuddled old crank. The topic — ”Did a revolution happen in this town?” — means: When the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu fled from power on Dec. 22, 1989, did protesters arrive in the square before 12:08 (i.e., when they might have been punished) or were they just wimpy followers? 12:08 East of Bucharest is a shrewdly built comedy, but the characters are broad-verging-on-cheap unholy hick fools. B-
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Mircea Andreescu, Teodor Corban; Director: Corneliu Porumboiu; Author: Corneliu Porumboiu; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Tartan
Posted June 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!