On a scrappy, small-town Romanian talk show, the host bumbles through 45 minutes (shot in real time) with two dubious guests: an alcoholic professor and a befuddled old crank. The topic — ”Did a revolution happen in this town?” — means: When the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu fled from power on Dec. 22, 1989, did protesters arrive in the square before 12:08 (i.e., when they might have been punished) or were they just wimpy followers? 12:08 East of Bucharest is a shrewdly built comedy, but the characters are broad-verging-on-cheap unholy hick fools. B-
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Mircea Andreescu, Teodor Corban; Director: Corneliu Porumboiu; Author: Corneliu Porumboiu; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Tartan
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!