Or, Napoleon Not-So-Dynamite. Made in New Zealand, which ups the whimsical-yuk factor because of those funny accents, Eagle vs Shark is the coy and coyer comedy of a cartoon-passive geek (Loren Horsley) who falls for a cartoon-angry dork with Mick Jagger’s lips. He’s played by Jemaine Clement (of HBO’s Flight of the Conchords), who has genuine presence but, in this film, only one note to play. Before Clement gives in to romance, he must take revenge on the bully who once beat him up. It’s a tale that reduces angst, not to mention love, to a generational tic. C-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jemaine Clement, Loren Horsley; Director: Taika Cohen; Author: Taika Cohen; Release Date Limited: 06/15/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted June 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'