Or, Napoleon Not-So-Dynamite. Made in New Zealand, which ups the whimsical-yuk factor because of those funny accents, Eagle vs Shark is the coy and coyer comedy of a cartoon-passive geek (Loren Horsley) who falls for a cartoon-angry dork with Mick Jagger’s lips. He’s played by Jemaine Clement (of HBO’s Flight of the Conchords), who has genuine presence but, in this film, only one note to play. Before Clement gives in to romance, he must take revenge on the bully who once beat him up. It’s a tale that reduces angst, not to mention love, to a generational tic. C-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jemaine Clement, Loren Horsley; Director: Taika Cohen; Author: Taika Cohen; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!