Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ”Ticks” but also ”Online,” about a nerd who’s ”so much cooler” on his MySpace page. Elsewhere on 5th Gear, his warm nasality gets the most emotion out of a cornpone aperçu like ”If love was a plane, nobody’d get on.” Too many tunes stretch beyond four minutes just to demonstrate his guitar prowess; all he needed was the concluding rave-up ”Throttleneck” for that. But the guy’s a vivid nostalgist, and his duet with Carrie Underwood is a harmonic delight. B+ DOWNLOAD THIS: Bigger Fish to Fry
5th Gear Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...5th GearCountry Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...2007-06-15
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Brad Paisley
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast