Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ”Ticks” but also ”Online,” about a nerd who’s ”so much cooler” on his MySpace page. Elsewhere on 5th Gear, his warm nasality gets the most emotion out of a cornpone aperçu like ”If love was a plane, nobody’d get on.” Too many tunes stretch beyond four minutes just to demonstrate his guitar prowess; all he needed was the concluding rave-up ”Throttleneck” for that. But the guy’s a vivid nostalgist, and his duet with Carrie Underwood is a harmonic delight. B+ DOWNLOAD THIS: Bigger Fish to Fry
5th Gear Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...5th GearCountry Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...2007-06-15
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Brad Paisley
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Democratic Party approves of Kanye West's presidential run
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!