Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ”Ticks” but also ”Online,” about a nerd who’s ”so much cooler” on his MySpace page. Elsewhere on 5th Gear, his warm nasality gets the most emotion out of a cornpone aperçu like ”If love was a plane, nobody’d get on.” Too many tunes stretch beyond four minutes just to demonstrate his guitar prowess; all he needed was the concluding rave-up ”Throttleneck” for that. But the guy’s a vivid nostalgist, and his duet with Carrie Underwood is a harmonic delight. B+ DOWNLOAD THIS: Bigger Fish to Fry
5th Gear Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...5th GearCountry Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...2007-06-15
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Brad Paisley
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!