Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ”Ticks” but also ”Online,” about a nerd who’s ”so much cooler” on his MySpace page. Elsewhere on 5th Gear, his warm nasality gets the most emotion out of a cornpone aperçu like ”If love was a plane, nobody’d get on.” Too many tunes stretch beyond four minutes just to demonstrate his guitar prowess; all he needed was the concluding rave-up ”Throttleneck” for that. But the guy’s a vivid nostalgist, and his duet with Carrie Underwood is a harmonic delight. B+ DOWNLOAD THIS: Bigger Fish to Fry
5th Gear Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...5th GearCountry Brad Paisley has some of the best novelty tunes around — not just the hit single ''Ticks'' but also ''Online,'' about a nerd who's ''so much...2007-06-15
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Brad Paisley
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- 'Kingsman 2': Jeff Bridges joins 'The Golden Circle'
- David Letterman jokes he'll fake his own death over Indy 500 results
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers