When he’s not nerding out to unsung superheroes like Ka-Zar, senior editor Marc Bernardin, 36, oversees EW’s movie-review section. He unites those two sensibilities in his debut, The Highwaymen, a five-issue comic (co-written with Adam Freeman, illustrated by Lee Garbett) that launches June 20. The series is riddled with bullets (”so future generations can see how we blew stuff up in the olden days,” Bernardin says) and stars two sixtysomething renegades chased by the feds. Wait, sexagenarians? ”There’s nothing more badass than badass old guys,” says Bernardin. ”Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Sean Connery in The Rock. T. rex in Jurassic Park….”
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!