When he’s not nerding out to unsung superheroes like Ka-Zar, senior editor Marc Bernardin, 36, oversees EW’s movie-review section. He unites those two sensibilities in his debut, The Highwaymen, a five-issue comic (co-written with Adam Freeman, illustrated by Lee Garbett) that launches June 20. The series is riddled with bullets (”so future generations can see how we blew stuff up in the olden days,” Bernardin says) and stars two sixtysomething renegades chased by the feds. Wait, sexagenarians? ”There’s nothing more badass than badass old guys,” says Bernardin. ”Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Sean Connery in The Rock. T. rex in Jurassic Park….”
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs
- Tiffany 'New York' Pollard is hosting a unique gay dating series
- Honest Trailers' take on 'Batman: The Killing Joke' is no laughing matter
- Tilda Swinton talks The Ancient One in 'Doctor Strange' sneak peek video
- J.K. Rowling saw Amy Schumer's stand-up show and loved it
- Adam Scott and Craig Robinson team up for paranormal comedy 'Ghosted'
- EW PopFest: Here's everything you need to know!