When he’s not nerding out to unsung superheroes like Ka-Zar, senior editor Marc Bernardin, 36, oversees EW’s movie-review section. He unites those two sensibilities in his debut, The Highwaymen, a five-issue comic (co-written with Adam Freeman, illustrated by Lee Garbett) that launches June 20. The series is riddled with bullets (”so future generations can see how we blew stuff up in the olden days,” Bernardin says) and stars two sixtysomething renegades chased by the feds. Wait, sexagenarians? ”There’s nothing more badass than badass old guys,” says Bernardin. ”Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Sean Connery in The Rock. T. rex in Jurassic Park….”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!