When he’s not nerding out to unsung superheroes like Ka-Zar, senior editor Marc Bernardin, 36, oversees EW’s movie-review section. He unites those two sensibilities in his debut, The Highwaymen, a five-issue comic (co-written with Adam Freeman, illustrated by Lee Garbett) that launches June 20. The series is riddled with bullets (”so future generations can see how we blew stuff up in the olden days,” Bernardin says) and stars two sixtysomething renegades chased by the feds. Wait, sexagenarians? ”There’s nothing more badass than badass old guys,” says Bernardin. ”Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Sean Connery in The Rock. T. rex in Jurassic Park….”
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look