When he’s not nerding out to unsung superheroes like Ka-Zar, senior editor Marc Bernardin, 36, oversees EW’s movie-review section. He unites those two sensibilities in his debut, The Highwaymen, a five-issue comic (co-written with Adam Freeman, illustrated by Lee Garbett) that launches June 20. The series is riddled with bullets (”so future generations can see how we blew stuff up in the olden days,” Bernardin says) and stars two sixtysomething renegades chased by the feds. Wait, sexagenarians? ”There’s nothing more badass than badass old guys,” says Bernardin. ”Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. Sean Connery in The Rock. T. rex in Jurassic Park….”
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade