As formulas go, this animated send-up/recycling of penguin and surfer movies sneaks in a lot of tubular charm, thanks in large part to Jeff Bridges’ work as a penguin.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Jon Heder, Shia LaBeouf, Jeff Bridges, Zooey Deschanel; Director: Ash Brannon, Chris Buck; Author: Lisa Addario, Christian Darren, Don Rhymer, Joe Syracuse; Release Date Wide: 06/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!