As formulas go, this animated send-up/recycling of penguin and surfer movies sneaks in a lot of tubular charm, thanks in large part to Jeff Bridges’ work as a penguin.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Jon Heder, Shia LaBeouf, Jeff Bridges, Zooey Deschanel; Director: Ash Brannon, Chris Buck; Author: Lisa Addario, Christian Darren, Don Rhymer, Joe Syracuse; Release Date Wide: 06/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted June 15 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!