Let’s see, once again, Forbes magazine’s annual Celebrity 100 power list is out, once again Oprah is the most powerful celeb in the universe, and once again, I’m not sure why I should care. There’s some amusement in noting which stars dropped off the list this year (sorry, J. Lo). And hours of fun can be spent pondering how the mysterious formula that Forbes uses to number-crunch a star’s earnings, media exposure, and other variables in order to determine the rankings results in some puzzling anomalies (Brad Pitt is No. 5 but Angelina Jolie is nine slots below him? David Letterman is at No. 17 while the higher-rated Leno is down at No. 26? The Desperate Housewives cast ranks above J.K. Rowling? Bon Jovi made the top 20?). But beyond that, what’s it all mean? Is there a deeper significance to be mined from this list, a lesson about what it takes to rise to the top of the showbiz ladder in 2007? Enlighten me, PopWatchers.
Posted June 15 2007 — 11:44 PM EDT
- Jonathan Groff to return for Glee finale
- Zelda Williams reflects on dad Robin Williams' legacy on 'Today'
- Another woman accuses Bill Cosby of sexual assault
- Box office preview: Focus and Fifty Shades face off
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight' comic: Preview 4 pages
- It Follows clip lays out the rules for hotly anticipated horror movie
- Video game version of Slender Man myth is coming to Xbox One and PS4
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!