You can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she’s still undecided in Lean Mean Thirteen between bad boy Ranger and sometime boyfriend cop Morelli, partnered with a ”former ho” named Lula, and quarry for homicidal maniacs. This time, Plum probes the disappearance of her shady ex-husband while skirting flamethrowers, a ditzy female stalker, and an exploding squirrel. Janet Evanovich boosts this by-the-numbers series with amusing side characters, like an accountant working out of a food court or horndog seniors flirting near the hemorrhoid-cream aisle. B+
Lean Mean ThirteenYou can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she's still undecided in Lean Mean...Lean Mean ThirteenFiction, Mystery and ThrillerJanet EvanovichYou can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she's still undecided in Lean Mean...2007-06-20St. Martin's Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Janet Evanovich; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted June 20 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!