You can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she’s still undecided in Lean Mean Thirteen between bad boy Ranger and sometime boyfriend cop Morelli, partnered with a ”former ho” named Lula, and quarry for homicidal maniacs. This time, Plum probes the disappearance of her shady ex-husband while skirting flamethrowers, a ditzy female stalker, and an exploding squirrel. Janet Evanovich boosts this by-the-numbers series with amusing side characters, like an accountant working out of a food court or horndog seniors flirting near the hemorrhoid-cream aisle. B+
Lean Mean ThirteenYou can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she's still undecided in Lean Mean...Lean Mean ThirteenFiction, Mystery and ThrillerJanet EvanovichYou can count on consistency from inept New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. As in her prior 12 adventures, she's still undecided in Lean Mean...2007-06-20St. Martin's Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Janet Evanovich; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!