Mark Wahlberg plays a sniper betrayed by a very unfunky bunch of villains (led by Glover) in the conspiracy thriller, Shooter. The real attactions are Training Day auteur Antoine Fuqua’s assured, muscular direction and a nicely bizarre cameo from The Band’s Levon Helm. EXTRAS Neither Fuqua’s dull commentary nor the deleted scenes add much. More notable is the making-of doc ”Survival of the Fittest,” which reveals that — Marky Mark hatas, take note — Wahlberg’s preproduction training enables him to shoot people from 1,000 yards away.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Michael Pena, Mark Wahlberg, Danny Glover, Kate Mara; Author: Jonathan Lemkin; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted June 22 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories