The words belong to Mr. Shakespeare. All else in this Macbeth is the pleasurably fevered invention of brash Australian director Geoffrey Wright, who turned Russell Crowe into a star 15 years ago with Romper Stomper and who now turns a Scottish revenge play into a sexy, bloody gangland showdown set in present-day Melbourne. For kinks, the three witches are naughty rave-teens. And for kicks, the cast, led by Sam Worthington (Somersault), is consciously chosen for its beauty, each player a brawling rock star in his own mind. B+
Starring: Sam Worthington; Director: Geoffrey Wright; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Truly Indie
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Orlando Jones departs 'Sleepy Hollow': What's next for the show?
- Geekly Mailbag: Let's talk about Black Widow
- Sofia Vergara speaks about her embryo lawsuit with ex Nick Loeb
- 'New Girl': Are Nick and Jess still hooking up?
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!