The words belong to Mr. Shakespeare. All else in this Macbeth is the pleasurably fevered invention of brash Australian director Geoffrey Wright, who turned Russell Crowe into a star 15 years ago with Romper Stomper and who now turns a Scottish revenge play into a sexy, bloody gangland showdown set in present-day Melbourne. For kinks, the three witches are naughty rave-teens. And for kicks, the cast, led by Sam Worthington (Somersault), is consciously chosen for its beauty, each player a brawling rock star in his own mind. B+
Starring: Sam Worthington; Director: Geoffrey Wright; Release Date Limited: 07/15/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Truly Indie
Posted June 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor