The words belong to Mr. Shakespeare. All else in this Macbeth is the pleasurably fevered invention of brash Australian director Geoffrey Wright, who turned Russell Crowe into a star 15 years ago with Romper Stomper and who now turns a Scottish revenge play into a sexy, bloody gangland showdown set in present-day Melbourne. For kinks, the three witches are naughty rave-teens. And for kicks, the cast, led by Sam Worthington (Somersault), is consciously chosen for its beauty, each player a brawling rock star in his own mind. B+
Starring: Sam Worthington; Director: Geoffrey Wright; Release Date Limited: 07/15/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Truly Indie
Posted June 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo