The words belong to Mr. Shakespeare. All else in this Macbeth is the pleasurably fevered invention of brash Australian director Geoffrey Wright, who turned Russell Crowe into a star 15 years ago with Romper Stomper and who now turns a Scottish revenge play into a sexy, bloody gangland showdown set in present-day Melbourne. For kinks, the three witches are naughty rave-teens. And for kicks, the cast, led by Sam Worthington (Somersault), is consciously chosen for its beauty, each player a brawling rock star in his own mind. B+
Starring: Sam Worthington; Director: Geoffrey Wright; Release Date Limited: 07/15/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Truly Indie
Posted June 29 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday