Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake