Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!