Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Status: In Season; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters