Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Artist spray paints epic 151 character Pokémon mural
- Mike Pence got a publicity haircut and the barber didn't recognize him
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Naya Rivera reveals she had an abortion during 'Glee'
- Cher slams Donald Trump as 'f---ing idiot'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...