Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'