Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- Tom Hardy demonstrates his lip sync skills with Dubsmash
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!