Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders
- Mark Zuckerberg welcomes baby, pledges 99% of Facebook stock to charity
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Stephen & Ciera critique each other on 'Survivor Talk'