Robin Williams, as License to Wed’s mischievous Reverend Frank, could have used a few more of the sort of zingers he had in Mrs. Doubtfire. Reverend Frank refuses to marry Ben (John Krasinski) and Sadie (Mandy Moore), a pair of ”men are from the flat screen TV department”/”women are from the wedding boutique” clichés, until they undergo his ”program,” a series of tests designed to reveal the awfulness they’re in for. The creepy-faced robot twin babies are funny (for a while); the rest of the film is not. It’s like Meet the Parents with Dr. Phil as the officiant from hell.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Mandy Moore, Robin Williams, Christine Taylor; Director: Ken Kwapis; Author: Kim Barker, Vince Di Meglio, Tim Rasmussen; Release Date Wide: 07/03/2007; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 2 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Billy Eichner's trailer was hit by a truck while he was inside
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut
- Jacob Tremblay continues to be charming, poses with Sylvester Stallone
- See Shepard Fairey's poster for Michael Moore's 'Where To Invade Next'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: George Lopez has 'white-man problems' in 'Lopez'
- Lena Dunham opens up about endometriosis in Facebook post