The title is fitting: Neverwas premiered at the Toronto film festival in 2005, then got shelved by Miramax. (There are rumors of a release in Bulgaria.) An awkward combo of Hook, K-PAX, and 21 other films, the familiar-feeling flick is a mystery/psychodrama about a damaged shrink (Eckhart) and a book about a wonderland that may be a real place. William Hurt, Jessica Lange, Nick Nolte (intriguing as ever), and Ian McKellen (as a nut with a Brad Pitt-in-12 Monkeys twitch) lend some class but can’t enliven the clichés. EXTRAS None. C-
Posted July 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Morrissey says he was sexually assaulted at San Francisco airport
- Listen to Prince's new, 'Kiss'-referencing single 'Stare'
- See the heart-stopping first trailer Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Dead House' by Dawn Kurtagich
- Tawney breaks down in 'Rectify' exclusive clip
- 'Fantastic Four' cast to make their first late-night appearance on 'WWHL' — exclusive
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!