The title is fitting: Neverwas premiered at the Toronto film festival in 2005, then got shelved by Miramax. (There are rumors of a release in Bulgaria.) An awkward combo of Hook, K-PAX, and 21 other films, the familiar-feeling flick is a mystery/psychodrama about a damaged shrink (Eckhart) and a book about a wonderland that may be a real place. William Hurt, Jessica Lange, Nick Nolte (intriguing as ever), and Ian McKellen (as a nut with a Brad Pitt-in-12 Monkeys twitch) lend some class but can’t enliven the clichés. EXTRAS None. C-
Posted July 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant