The title is fitting: Neverwas premiered at the Toronto film festival in 2005, then got shelved by Miramax. (There are rumors of a release in Bulgaria.) An awkward combo of Hook, K-PAX, and 21 other films, the familiar-feeling flick is a mystery/psychodrama about a damaged shrink (Eckhart) and a book about a wonderland that may be a real place. William Hurt, Jessica Lange, Nick Nolte (intriguing as ever), and Ian McKellen (as a nut with a Brad Pitt-in-12 Monkeys twitch) lend some class but can’t enliven the clichés. EXTRAS None. C-
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!