The title is fitting: Neverwas premiered at the Toronto film festival in 2005, then got shelved by Miramax. (There are rumors of a release in Bulgaria.) An awkward combo of Hook, K-PAX, and 21 other films, the familiar-feeling flick is a mystery/psychodrama about a damaged shrink (Eckhart) and a book about a wonderland that may be a real place. William Hurt, Jessica Lange, Nick Nolte (intriguing as ever), and Ian McKellen (as a nut with a Brad Pitt-in-12 Monkeys twitch) lend some class but can’t enliven the clichés. EXTRAS None. C-
Posted July 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the funny, scary opening credits for 'Scream Queens'
- What Derek Hough thinks of new 'DWTS' partner Bindi Irwin
- See the most popular passages from every single 'Outlander' book
- Yo La Tengo on making a sequel to their revered album 'Fakebook'
- Netflix's 'Lady Dynamite' adds Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman to guest cast
- See exclusive new art from 'The Angry Birds Movie'
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!