A blithe concoction, and a miraculously textured piece of animated design, but it’s fun without much surprise. Remy (voiced blandly by Patton Oswalt) is a rat, and also a natural-born chef. He cooks at a Paris restaurant by secretly teaming up with Linguini, a doofus scullery boy. Directed by Brad Bird, the movie has the Pixar technical magic, yet it’s not so much incredible as merely sweetly edible.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Peter O'Toole, Patton Oswalt, Janeane Garofalo, Ian Holm; Director: Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava; Author: Brad Bird; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Animation
Posted July 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elmo Williams, Oscar-winning editor of 'High Noon,' dies at 102
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year