A blithe concoction, and a miraculously textured piece of animated design, but it’s fun without much surprise. Remy (voiced blandly by Patton Oswalt) is a rat, and also a natural-born chef. He cooks at a Paris restaurant by secretly teaming up with Linguini, a doofus scullery boy. Directed by Brad Bird, the movie has the Pixar technical magic, yet it’s not so much incredible as merely sweetly edible.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family; Starring: Peter O'Toole, Patton Oswalt, Janeane Garofalo, Ian Holm; Director: Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava; Author: Brad Bird; Release Date Wide: 06/29/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Animation
Posted July 6 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!