¡Hola, PopWatchers! I just got back from a two-week vacation in lovely Barcelona, and while the trip was designed to be a much-needed pop-culture detox (I didn’t even log on to PopWatch during my time abroad — ¡gasp!) there was one celebrity I simply couldn’t avoid: Eva Longoria. No, BBC World News wasn’t relentless in covering the run-up to the Desperate Housewives star’s weekend nuptials to basketball star Tony Parker (I took that as proof of God’s existence), but rather, I couldn’t walk two blocks without seeing one of her ads for Magnum ice-cream bars. Seriously, they were everywhere. And so, to ensure I had something to blog about my first Monday back on the job, I took a picture of one of the inescapable sidewalk banners, and I also broke down and sampled the Magnum (double chocolate flavor) — which struck me as a richer, more sinful version of the Dove bar. I’ll say this for Longoria, she may be a shameless shill, but she’s got good taste when it comes to one of Jay Manuel and Tyra Banks’ favorite treats.
Posted July 9 2007 — 8:55 PM EDT
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'