A quiet specimen of personal storytelling at its most exciting, this beautiful feature debut from So Yong Kim gets into the head of Aimie (Jiseon Kim), a young Korean woman in a snow-clogged, unnamed North American city. Really into her head — the camera pushes in close as a whisper in the ear as Aimie makes her way precariously through teen-girl romantic confusion heightened by cultural dislocation and the loneliness such distance from the familiar brings. With In Between Days, the filmmaker captures feminine melancholy with rare precision. Find this movie. A
Genre: Drama; Starring: Taegu Andy Kang, Bokja Kim, Jiseon Kim; Director: So Yong Kim; Author: Bradley Rust Gray, So Yong Kim; Release Date Limited: 06/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Kino International
Posted July 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...