A quiet specimen of personal storytelling at its most exciting, this beautiful feature debut from So Yong Kim gets into the head of Aimie (Jiseon Kim), a young Korean woman in a snow-clogged, unnamed North American city. Really into her head — the camera pushes in close as a whisper in the ear as Aimie makes her way precariously through teen-girl romantic confusion heightened by cultural dislocation and the loneliness such distance from the familiar brings. With In Between Days, the filmmaker captures feminine melancholy with rare precision. Find this movie. A
Genre: Drama; Starring: Taegu Andy Kang, Bokja Kim, Jiseon Kim; Director: So Yong Kim; Author: Bradley Rust Gray, So Yong Kim; Release Date Limited: 06/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Kino International
Posted July 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack White wrote the theme song for 'Maya and Marty'
- 'The A Word': See exclusive teaser for family comedy about autism
- Kaley Cuoco slams Cincinnati Zoo for shooting gorilla
- Lauren Conrad announces 'The Hills' 10th anniversary special
- Listen to Will Patton read Stephen King's 'End of Watch'
- 'Conjuring 2' director James Wan talks about his latest scare-fest
- Shaq channels 'Flashdance' in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos