A quiet specimen of personal storytelling at its most exciting, this beautiful feature debut from So Yong Kim gets into the head of Aimie (Jiseon Kim), a young Korean woman in a snow-clogged, unnamed North American city. Really into her head — the camera pushes in close as a whisper in the ear as Aimie makes her way precariously through teen-girl romantic confusion heightened by cultural dislocation and the loneliness such distance from the familiar brings. With In Between Days, the filmmaker captures feminine melancholy with rare precision. Find this movie. A
Genre: Drama; Starring: Taegu Andy Kang, Bokja Kim, Jiseon Kim; Director: So Yong Kim; Author: Bradley Rust Gray, So Yong Kim; Release Date Limited: 06/27/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Kino International
Posted July 10 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!