Any doubts as to whether Sienna Miller is a gifted actress should be laid to rest by Interview, a riveting two-hander, in which she plays an American model-actress being interviewed by a bitter, sarcastic worm of a journalist (Steve Buscemi). As they sit in her loft, getting drunker and more honest by the minute, Miller rips the scabs off a tabloid goddess’ demons, as Buscemi simmers in the juice of self-loathing. He directed this remake, based on a film by the murdered Dutch director Theo van Gogh, and it’s a fierce and resonant tribute. A-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Steve Buscemi, Sienna Miller; Director: Steve Buscemi; Author: Steve Buscemi, David Schechter; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!