The corpses of six young women are found lined up ”like sides of beef” in a college auditorium basement, each mutilated in a distinct, grotesque fashion. Prosecutor Paul Riley sends a psycho handyman (who’s apparently inspired by a rock song) to the gas chamber for the crimes. But his work, and David Ellis’ lively thriller, are just getting started. Sixteen years later, another maniac — or is it the same one? — gets cracking on verse 2 of the grisly ditty. (Note to the squeamish: It features a chain saw.) Is the womanizing tycoon to blame? The shifty prof? A Russian thug? Riley himself? The plot goes berserk toward the end, but Eye of the Beholder never loses steam. B
Eye of the Beholder The corpses of six young women are found lined up ''like sides of beef'' in a college auditorium basement, each mutilated in a distinct, grotesque...Eye of the BeholderMystery and Thriller, True CrimeDavid Ellis The corpses of six young women are found lined up ''like sides of beef'' in a college auditorium basement, each mutilated in a distinct, grotesque...2007-07-13Putnam
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, True Crime; Author: David Ellis; Publisher: Putnam
Posted July 13 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans