Bill Strickland is the kind of cycling fanatic whose two-wheeler costs more than his pickup truck. He’s not a pro, but he lives near a world-class training facility in Pennsylvania and battles elite riders every week in an open race. With little chance of scoring any points against such superjocks, Strickland desperately wants to test his willpower against any hardship, such as the self-destructive behavior that threatens his marriage, child-rearing, and even his cycling. His demons stem from his malevolent father’s abuse, horrors that would make even Eli Roth squirm. Following Strickland’s uphill climb in Ten Points, both in life and in racing, is a bracing and rewarding experience. A-
Ten PointsBill Strickland is the kind of cycling fanatic whose two-wheeler costs more than his pickup truck. He's not a pro, but he lives near a world-class...Ten PointsMemoir, NonfictionBill StricklandBill Strickland is the kind of cycling fanatic whose two-wheeler costs more than his pickup truck. He's not a pro, but he lives near a world-class...2007-07-16Hyperion
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Bill Strickland; Publisher: Hyperion
Posted July 16 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!