Captivity was attacked for its too-evil-for-kids billboard ad, but the real distinction — if that’s the word — of this torture-porn horror flick is that it was made by middlebrow humanist Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields). He brings an artful video-grunge look, and not much else, to this Saw clone, in which a kidnapped supermodel (Elisha Cuthbert) is made to endure a series of Fear Factor torments, one of which is truly gross (she’s fed a bloody milk shake of blenderized body parts), the rest not sick enough to disturb anyone who’d go to see this film.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Roland Joffe; Author: Larry Cohen, Joseph Tura; Release Date Wide: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: After Dark, Lions Gate Films
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit