Captivity was attacked for its too-evil-for-kids billboard ad, but the real distinction — if that’s the word — of this torture-porn horror flick is that it was made by middlebrow humanist Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields). He brings an artful video-grunge look, and not much else, to this Saw clone, in which a kidnapped supermodel (Elisha Cuthbert) is made to endure a series of Fear Factor torments, one of which is truly gross (she’s fed a bloody milk shake of blenderized body parts), the rest not sick enough to disturb anyone who’d go to see this film.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Roland Joffe; Author: Larry Cohen, Joseph Tura; Release Date Wide: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: After Dark, Lions Gate Films
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'