Captivity was attacked for its too-evil-for-kids billboard ad, but the real distinction — if that’s the word — of this torture-porn horror flick is that it was made by middlebrow humanist Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields). He brings an artful video-grunge look, and not much else, to this Saw clone, in which a kidnapped supermodel (Elisha Cuthbert) is made to endure a series of Fear Factor torments, one of which is truly gross (she’s fed a bloody milk shake of blenderized body parts), the rest not sick enough to disturb anyone who’d go to see this film.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Roland Joffe; Author: Larry Cohen, Joseph Tura; Release Date Wide: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: After Dark, Lions Gate Films
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!