Captivity was attacked for its too-evil-for-kids billboard ad, but the real distinction — if that’s the word — of this torture-porn horror flick is that it was made by middlebrow humanist Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields). He brings an artful video-grunge look, and not much else, to this Saw clone, in which a kidnapped supermodel (Elisha Cuthbert) is made to endure a series of Fear Factor torments, one of which is truly gross (she’s fed a bloody milk shake of blenderized body parts), the rest not sick enough to disturb anyone who’d go to see this film.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Roland Joffe; Author: Larry Cohen, Joseph Tura; Release Date Wide: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: After Dark, Lions Gate Films
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!