Captivity was attacked for its too-evil-for-kids billboard ad, but the real distinction — if that’s the word — of this torture-porn horror flick is that it was made by middlebrow humanist Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields). He brings an artful video-grunge look, and not much else, to this Saw clone, in which a kidnapped supermodel (Elisha Cuthbert) is made to endure a series of Fear Factor torments, one of which is truly gross (she’s fed a bloody milk shake of blenderized body parts), the rest not sick enough to disturb anyone who’d go to see this film.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor Vince; Director: Roland Joffe; Author: Larry Cohen, Joseph Tura; Release Date Wide: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: After Dark, Lions Gate Films
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!