You’ve probably never heard of Emanuel Bronner, but you may have used his soap. It’s that scented liquid, often peppermint, that comes in a bottle plastered with tiny-print utopian rantings. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soapbox, a nifty curio of a movie, tells the story behind the soap: how it became an accidental hit with counterculture types; and how Bronner, a German Jewish chemist, escaped the Nazis, then an American mental institution, to spread his gospel of ”All One” harmony — even as he trashed his family’s life to do it. It’s like Capturing the Friedmans scrubbed to a happy ending.
Dr. Bronner's Magic SoapboxYou've probably never heard of Emanuel Bronner, but you may have used his soap. It's that scented liquid, often peppermint, that comes in a bottle...Dr. Bronner's Magic SoapboxPT88MUnratedYou've probably never heard of Emanuel Bronner, but you may have used his soap. It's that scented liquid, often peppermint, that comes in a bottle...2007-07-18Balcony
Director: Sara Lamm; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Balcony
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!