In need of proof, for the purposes of settling a costly bet, that he has one real friend in the world, a chilly businessman (Daniel Auteuil) turns to a bighearted cabbie (Dany Boon) hungry for a pal himself. And both men discover what can’t be bought but can only be given — and received. A premise as love-it-or-leave-it as My Best Friend’s requires a sure hand to steer it safely away from the excesses of wackiness or sentiment. Delightfully, the expert Patrice Leconte (Man on the Train) produces an unlikely comedy charmer.
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Daniel Auteuil, Julie Gayet, Dany Boon; Director: Patrice Leconte; Author: Patrice Leconte, Jerome Tonnerre; Release Date Limited: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay
- See Justin Timberlake's cover of Bell Biv DeVoe's 'Poison'