In need of proof, for the purposes of settling a costly bet, that he has one real friend in the world, a chilly businessman (Daniel Auteuil) turns to a bighearted cabbie (Dany Boon) hungry for a pal himself. And both men discover what can’t be bought but can only be given — and received. A premise as love-it-or-leave-it as My Best Friend’s requires a sure hand to steer it safely away from the excesses of wackiness or sentiment. Delightfully, the expert Patrice Leconte (Man on the Train) produces an unlikely comedy charmer.
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Daniel Auteuil, Julie Gayet, Dany Boon; Director: Patrice Leconte; Author: Patrice Leconte, Jerome Tonnerre; Release Date Limited: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'