In need of proof, for the purposes of settling a costly bet, that he has one real friend in the world, a chilly businessman (Daniel Auteuil) turns to a bighearted cabbie (Dany Boon) hungry for a pal himself. And both men discover what can’t be bought but can only be given — and received. A premise as love-it-or-leave-it as My Best Friend’s requires a sure hand to steer it safely away from the excesses of wackiness or sentiment. Delightfully, the expert Patrice Leconte (Man on the Train) produces an unlikely comedy charmer.
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Daniel Auteuil, Julie Gayet, Dany Boon; Director: Patrice Leconte; Author: Patrice Leconte, Jerome Tonnerre; Release Date Limited: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'