In need of proof, for the purposes of settling a costly bet, that he has one real friend in the world, a chilly businessman (Daniel Auteuil) turns to a bighearted cabbie (Dany Boon) hungry for a pal himself. And both men discover what can’t be bought but can only be given — and received. A premise as love-it-or-leave-it as My Best Friend’s requires a sure hand to steer it safely away from the excesses of wackiness or sentiment. Delightfully, the expert Patrice Leconte (Man on the Train) produces an unlikely comedy charmer.
Genre: Foreign Language, Comedy; Starring: Daniel Auteuil, Julie Gayet, Dany Boon; Director: Patrice Leconte; Author: Patrice Leconte, Jerome Tonnerre; Release Date Limited: 07/13/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted July 18 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake