What might be the only thing better than An Inconvenient Truth at getting people to care about global warming? Maybe those widely circulated photos of drowning polar bears stranded between melting ice floes. Arctic Tale — a nature doc following a walrus and a polar bear — lacks single images of that power, and it’s too sneaky about the fact that both ”characters” are in fact composites, but it’s a respectable attempt to get kids who like cuddly animals thinking about death and destruction on a global scale. B
(Paul Nicklen/National Geographic)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Sarah Robertson; Author: Kristin Gore, Mose Richards, Linda Woolverton; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!