What might be the only thing better than An Inconvenient Truth at getting people to care about global warming? Maybe those widely circulated photos of drowning polar bears stranded between melting ice floes. Arctic Tale — a nature doc following a walrus and a polar bear — lacks single images of that power, and it’s too sneaky about the fact that both ”characters” are in fact composites, but it’s a respectable attempt to get kids who like cuddly animals thinking about death and destruction on a global scale. B
(Paul Nicklen/National Geographic)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Sarah Robertson; Author: Kristin Gore, Mose Richards, Linda Woolverton; Release Date Limited: 07/25/2007; Release Date Wide: 08/17/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Paramount Classics
Posted July 25 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Oliver criticizes Donald Trump for abortion comments
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars say final farewell to Emily, Hanna, Spencer, Aria, and Ali
- Raven-Symoné to star in 'That’s So Raven' spin-off at Disney Channel
- 'Timeless' casts criminal couple in Bonnie and Clyde episode
- EW Must List: 'The Walking Dead', Empire of the Sun's 'Two Vines'
- Oprah Winfrey unveils her first cookbook cover
- David Crosby on Kanye West: 'He can neither sing, nor write, nor play'