The Backstreet Boys, sans eldest member Kevin Richardson, will release a new album on Oct. 30, in honor of their 10th anniversary on label Jive, Billboard reports. The quartet — Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean — will shoot their first single, “Inconsolable,” to radio on Aug. 27. If “Inconsolable” is anything like “Incomplete” (the video for which I still say featured the Best Dramatic Acting by a Boy Band in a Video. Ever.), I’ll give it one listen. I’m willing to go out on a limb and say Richardson was the expendable member — and also that it will be better than anything that comes out of VH1’s forthcoming Man Band reality series, teaming Chris Kirkpatrick (‘N Sync), Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees), Rich Cronin (LFO), and Bryan Abrams (Color Me Badd).
Posted July 26 2007 — 8:12 PM EDT
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity