Hot Rod’s highlight features the hero — a moped-riding Evel Knievel wannabe (Andy Samberg) — doing a dance in a forest that looks like ’70s-spastic Steve Martin reinterpreting Footloose. There are a few other minor laugh sequences in this puttering vehicle for the affable SNL viral-video star Samberg of ”Lazy Sunday” fame, but most of them (like a long goof on the phrase ”Cool beans!”) don’t really flow into the otherwise conventional frame of the movie. Wait until the best parts pop up on YouTube.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ian McShane, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher; Director: Akiva Schaffer; Author: Pam Brady; Release Date Wide: 08/03/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Uncle Jesse & Aunt Becky's twins will be on 'Fuller House' too
- Jason Segel gets serious playing David Foster Wallace in 'The End of the Tour'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!