Hot Rod’s highlight features the hero — a moped-riding Evel Knievel wannabe (Andy Samberg) — doing a dance in a forest that looks like ’70s-spastic Steve Martin reinterpreting Footloose. There are a few other minor laugh sequences in this puttering vehicle for the affable SNL viral-video star Samberg of ”Lazy Sunday” fame, but most of them (like a long goof on the phrase ”Cool beans!”) don’t really flow into the otherwise conventional frame of the movie. Wait until the best parts pop up on YouTube.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ian McShane, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher; Director: Akiva Schaffer; Author: Pam Brady; Release Date Wide: 08/03/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big