Hot Rod’s highlight features the hero — a moped-riding Evel Knievel wannabe (Andy Samberg) — doing a dance in a forest that looks like ’70s-spastic Steve Martin reinterpreting Footloose. There are a few other minor laugh sequences in this puttering vehicle for the affable SNL viral-video star Samberg of ”Lazy Sunday” fame, but most of them (like a long goof on the phrase ”Cool beans!”) don’t really flow into the otherwise conventional frame of the movie. Wait until the best parts pop up on YouTube.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ian McShane, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher; Director: Akiva Schaffer; Author: Pam Brady; Release Date Wide: 08/03/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!