Hot Rod’s highlight features the hero — a moped-riding Evel Knievel wannabe (Andy Samberg) — doing a dance in a forest that looks like ’70s-spastic Steve Martin reinterpreting Footloose. There are a few other minor laugh sequences in this puttering vehicle for the affable SNL viral-video star Samberg of ”Lazy Sunday” fame, but most of them (like a long goof on the phrase ”Cool beans!”) don’t really flow into the otherwise conventional frame of the movie. Wait until the best parts pop up on YouTube.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ian McShane, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher; Director: Akiva Schaffer; Author: Pam Brady; Release Date Wide: 08/03/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Cute 10-year-old girl stymies NFL stars with great questions
- Ansel Elgort to star in '80s CIA drama 'Code Name Veil'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!