Hot Rod’s highlight features the hero — a moped-riding Evel Knievel wannabe (Andy Samberg) — doing a dance in a forest that looks like ’70s-spastic Steve Martin reinterpreting Footloose. There are a few other minor laugh sequences in this puttering vehicle for the affable SNL viral-video star Samberg of ”Lazy Sunday” fame, but most of them (like a long goof on the phrase ”Cool beans!”) don’t really flow into the otherwise conventional frame of the movie. Wait until the best parts pop up on YouTube.
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ian McShane, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher; Director: Akiva Schaffer; Author: Pam Brady; Release Date Wide: 08/03/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted August 1 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- Revenant bear mauls Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero
- Bill Cosby and Stewie remake 'Princess Bride' in 'Family Guy' trailer
- 'American Gods': First look at Gillian Anderson as Marilyn Monroe
- WATCH: 'Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg says Chloe 'swiped death'
- 'Family Guy' taps Kyle Chandler, Rob Gronkowski, David Tennant