”One of my favorite scenes is in Hairspray, where I say, ‘Devil child! Devil child!’ when I shake the holy water at my daughter [Amanda Bynes] because she has been harboring Tracy in our basement locker. We had tried several different lines and it was totally an ad-lib that Adam [Shankman, the director] loved. As soon as I said it, I thought it’d be an extra-special touch to use one of those things that priests use to shake the holy water out on someone. When you are in small parts like this, you have to do something to stand out. I am competing with John Travolta in a dress and a female fat suit — I had to do something.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'The Good Wife' poll: Your thoughts on that Kalinda twist
- 'Game of Thrones': 'High Sparrow'--TV vs. books
- First look of Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler in 'X-Men'
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'High Sparrow'
- 'Descendants' trailer: Meet the Disney villains' teen-age kids
- 'Ridiculous Six' Native American actors threaten to walk off in video
- German movie theaters boycott 'Ultron'