”One of my favorite scenes is in Hairspray, where I say, ‘Devil child! Devil child!’ when I shake the holy water at my daughter [Amanda Bynes] because she has been harboring Tracy in our basement locker. We had tried several different lines and it was totally an ad-lib that Adam [Shankman, the director] loved. As soon as I said it, I thought it’d be an extra-special touch to use one of those things that priests use to shake the holy water out on someone. When you are in small parts like this, you have to do something to stand out. I am competing with John Travolta in a dress and a female fat suit — I had to do something.”
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!