”One of my favorite scenes is in Hairspray, where I say, ‘Devil child! Devil child!’ when I shake the holy water at my daughter [Amanda Bynes] because she has been harboring Tracy in our basement locker. We had tried several different lines and it was totally an ad-lib that Adam [Shankman, the director] loved. As soon as I said it, I thought it’d be an extra-special touch to use one of those things that priests use to shake the holy water out on someone. When you are in small parts like this, you have to do something to stand out. I am competing with John Travolta in a dress and a female fat suit — I had to do something.”
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Who's the culprit behind the posters?
- 'HTGAWM' star Charlie Weber on why he asked permission to shave
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch sing 'Comfortably Numb' with David Gilmour
- 'Dance Moms' season 6 recap show: Let's talk about episode 4
- 'Chicago P.D.' actor Jon Seda is headed to 'Chicago Justice'
- Eminem, Fergie, KISS among musicians designing NFL team T-shirts
- 'Vanderpump Rules' season 5 trailer: Schwartz wedding full of tears, trauma