The ’80s cartoon heroes in a half-shell (TMNT=Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, for the acronym-impaired) face off against a villainous tycoon (Patrick Stewart) in NYC; Master Splinter (Mako) and gal pal April (Sarah Michelle Gellar) help save the day. This CGI update has some awesome battle sequences, but it’s hard not to miss the simplicity of the original. EXTRAS A slow-as-a-tortoise commentary from writer-director Kevin Munroe and a featurette in which Gellar describes voice work as ”an actor’s dream. It means no hair, no makeup, and sweatpants!” B-
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ziyi Zhang; Director: Kevin Munroe; Author: Kevin Munroe; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'