The ’80s cartoon heroes in a half-shell (TMNT=Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, for the acronym-impaired) face off against a villainous tycoon (Patrick Stewart) in NYC; Master Splinter (Mako) and gal pal April (Sarah Michelle Gellar) help save the day. This CGI update has some awesome battle sequences, but it’s hard not to miss the simplicity of the original. EXTRAS A slow-as-a-tortoise commentary from writer-director Kevin Munroe and a featurette in which Gellar describes voice work as ”an actor’s dream. It means no hair, no makeup, and sweatpants!” B-
Genre: Animation, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ziyi Zhang; Director: Kevin Munroe; Author: Kevin Munroe; Release Date Wide: 03/23/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Iggy Azalea announces new album title, and says a new single is on the way
- See Zachary Levi and Neil Patrick Harris compete in 'Laser Maze' on 'Best Time Ever'
- Beach House announce surprise sixth album, due next week
- The 'Sherlock' Christmas special trailer is here!
- 'Old Yeller' actor Kevin Corcoran dies at 66
- Lance Bass says someone 'inappropriately' touched him during early *NSYNC days
- Tom Petty addresses past heroin addiction in new biography