”I understand that guy. I understand what he’s going through. Sometimes we’ll be flipping channels late at night, and my wife always wants to stop on an X-Files episode. And she’ll say, ‘I haven’t seen this one!’ and I’ll say, ‘You’ve seen them all!’ And she’ll say to me, ‘But look at your hair!’ and we’ll laugh at my hair for a while, and then I’ll just say, ‘Oh, that guy. That guy is just barely hangin’ on.’ And she’ll say, ‘No, he’s cute!’ and I’ll say, ‘He’s barely hanging on.’ [But] I think your work can be great when you’re completely terrified and don’t know at all what you’re doing. Took me seven, eight years to figure it out — I’m a slow learner. Acting to me now is interesting because I feel like I’ve achieved a base level of brutal competence.”
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday