”I understand that guy. I understand what he’s going through. Sometimes we’ll be flipping channels late at night, and my wife always wants to stop on an X-Files episode. And she’ll say, ‘I haven’t seen this one!’ and I’ll say, ‘You’ve seen them all!’ And she’ll say to me, ‘But look at your hair!’ and we’ll laugh at my hair for a while, and then I’ll just say, ‘Oh, that guy. That guy is just barely hangin’ on.’ And she’ll say, ‘No, he’s cute!’ and I’ll say, ‘He’s barely hanging on.’ [But] I think your work can be great when you’re completely terrified and don’t know at all what you’re doing. Took me seven, eight years to figure it out — I’m a slow learner. Acting to me now is interesting because I feel like I’ve achieved a base level of brutal competence.”
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- Mad Max collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- See Eddie Redmayne in his next big role as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!