”I understand that guy. I understand what he’s going through. Sometimes we’ll be flipping channels late at night, and my wife always wants to stop on an X-Files episode. And she’ll say, ‘I haven’t seen this one!’ and I’ll say, ‘You’ve seen them all!’ And she’ll say to me, ‘But look at your hair!’ and we’ll laugh at my hair for a while, and then I’ll just say, ‘Oh, that guy. That guy is just barely hangin’ on.’ And she’ll say, ‘No, he’s cute!’ and I’ll say, ‘He’s barely hanging on.’ [But] I think your work can be great when you’re completely terrified and don’t know at all what you’re doing. Took me seven, eight years to figure it out — I’m a slow learner. Acting to me now is interesting because I feel like I’ve achieved a base level of brutal competence.”
Posted August 3 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!