In 2 Days in Paris, Adam Goldberg, handsome in a fuzzy beard, and Julie Delpy, looking pale in black spectacles, are a couple who natter and bicker their way through a stopover in her native city. Delpy wrote and directed this study of a relationship heading (it would seem) for the rocks. She stages it with a funny and diverting improv-y flow, though you wish that less of it depended on the high-concept joke of Goldberg’s testy jealousy over her past love affairs — and that he took a few more breaks from acting like a smug hypochondriacal jerk.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama; Starring: Julie Delpy, Adam Goldberg, Marie Pillet; Director: Julie Delpy; Author: Julie Delpy; Release Date Limited: 08/10/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Red Envelope, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star
- 'Jem and the Holograms' tribute album out this week