Because he’s an Oscar winner with a rep now for headlining turkeys, watching Cuba Gooding Jr. in trash like Daddy Day Camp almost hurts. At this point, you just feel so bad for him. Filling in for Eddie Murphy in a septically humored kiddie sequel to Daddy Day Care, Gooding gives a mug-job performance that consists mainly of reacting (again and again) to nasty smells. Fred Savage of The Wonder Years directs, and it also stings to think of little Kevin Arnold reduced to pantsing his actors from behind the camera for a laugh that never comes.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted August 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!