Because he’s an Oscar winner with a rep now for headlining turkeys, watching Cuba Gooding Jr. in trash like Daddy Day Camp almost hurts. At this point, you just feel so bad for him. Filling in for Eddie Murphy in a septically humored kiddie sequel to Daddy Day Care, Gooding gives a mug-job performance that consists mainly of reacting (again and again) to nasty smells. Fred Savage of The Wonder Years directs, and it also stings to think of little Kevin Arnold reduced to pantsing his actors from behind the camera for a laugh that never comes.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'We aren't perfect, but we are determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'