Because he’s an Oscar winner with a rep now for headlining turkeys, watching Cuba Gooding Jr. in trash like Daddy Day Camp almost hurts. At this point, you just feel so bad for him. Filling in for Eddie Murphy in a septically humored kiddie sequel to Daddy Day Care, Gooding gives a mug-job performance that consists mainly of reacting (again and again) to nasty smells. Fred Savage of The Wonder Years directs, and it also stings to think of little Kevin Arnold reduced to pantsing his actors from behind the camera for a laugh that never comes.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted August 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' wins 2016 Man Booker Prize for fiction
- 'Saturday Night Live' election special to recap contentious campaign
- AFI Fest 2016: 'Moana,' 'Miss Sloane,' 'The Comedian' to world premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop