Because he’s an Oscar winner with a rep now for headlining turkeys, watching Cuba Gooding Jr. in trash like Daddy Day Camp almost hurts. At this point, you just feel so bad for him. Filling in for Eddie Murphy in a septically humored kiddie sequel to Daddy Day Care, Gooding gives a mug-job performance that consists mainly of reacting (again and again) to nasty smells. Fred Savage of The Wonder Years directs, and it also stings to think of little Kevin Arnold reduced to pantsing his actors from behind the camera for a laugh that never comes.
Genre: Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr., Paul Rae, Joshua McLerran; Director: Fred Savage; Release Date Wide: 08/08/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted August 8 2007 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Sam Claflin was an ‘emotional wreck’ filming 'Me Before You'
- 'Supernatural': Why season 11 is the show's best in six years
- Did 'The Flash' just introduce Black Flash?
- 'X-Men': Tour Charles Xavier's mansion in '80s parody video
- FX's 'The Americans' to end in 2018
- 'Fast & Furious' producer recalls the franchise's beginnings
- What to Watch Wednesday: Follow 'The Path'